Friends of Warrnambool Botanic Gardens
The Friends main purpose is the preservation and promotion of our Guilfoyle Garden.
Since their beginnings over 30 years ago The Friends have been involved in education and learning. The 'Guiding Friends' conducted regular Sunday tours of the Gardens for many years. Today these tours are available on request. Groups which book tours range from interstate bus tours to schools, community groups and individuals. Special days provide for "Tiny Tots" to enjoy activities in the Gardens provided by FOWG and TAFE students studying a diploma in Child Care. The Friends have planned and delivered events dedicated to our 'Lone Pine' and its history and to past Curators and the history of the Gardens. They design, fund and maintain an information brochure. The Friends created, launched, finance and maintain this web site in the quest of education through the web, click here for further information.
Friends of Warrnambool Botanic Gardens is a group formed to support the Gardens by:
- raising finance for maintenance and restoration
- maintaining and reinstating the Guilfoyle influence
- encouraging the use of the Gardens by locals and visitors
- raising awareness of the Gardens botanic significance
- taking the Gardens into the millennium
The gift of a certificate is a thoughtful way to introduce your family and friends to the Gardens, give a gift for Christmas
Benefits of Being a Friend
- notifying special gardening related events organised by the Friends and other groups
- information articles of specific interest in the Gardens
- up to date reports about groups activities
- to be involved in any of the associated groups
- to have your input on matters relating to the Friends of the Gardens
- to launch new Garden related activities
- organised day excursions to district gardens etc.
- guest speakers
- invitation to fundraisers
'First Wednesday of the Month'
- Members meet at Scoborio's Shed - home of the Friends - in the depot yard Cockman Street, west of the cottage. Our get together starts at 11am, we enjoy a cuppa and scones and listen to interesting local garden enthusiasts talk about garden related subject. Do come along.
- is a group of members that conduct informative and educational walks around the gardens on a regular basis or on special request. The Guides are trained locally and are kept up to date with ongoing research which they also take part in. Become a Guide, it is a fun way to learn about the gardens and be involved.