Friends of Warrnambool Botanic Gardens
The Friends main purpose is the preservation and promotion of our Guilfoyle Garden.
Friends of Warrnambool Botanic Gardens is a group formed to support the Gardens by:
- raising finance for maintenance and restoration
- maintaining and reinstating the Guilfoyle influence
- encouraging the use of the Gardens by locals and visitors
- raising awareness of the Gardens botanic significance
- taking the Gardens into the millennium
The gift of a certificate is a thoughtful way to introduce your family and friends to the Gardens, give a gift for Christmas
Benefits of Being a Friend
- notifying special gardening related events organised by the Friends and other groups
- information articles of specific interest in the Gardens
- up to date reports about groups activities
- to be involved in any of the associated groups
- to have your input on matters relating to the Friends of the Gardens
- to launch new Garden related activities
- organised day excursions to district gardens etc.
- guest speakers
- invitation to fundraisers
'First Wednesday of the Month'
- Members meet at Scoborio's Shed - home of the Friends - in the depot yard Cockman Street, west of the cottage. Our get together starts at 11am, we enjoy a cuppa and scones and listen to interesting local garden enthusiasts talk about garden related subject. Do come along.
- is a group of members that conduct informative and educational walks around the gardens on a regular basis or on special request. The Guides are trained locally and are kept up to date with ongoing research which they also take part in. Become a Guide, it is a fun way to learn about the gardens and be involved.